Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Queen Elizabeth Releases “Supportive” Statement Regarding Harry and Meghan


Source: PA Images

Queen Elizabeth has released a statement regarding Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s plans to step back as senior members of the royal family and divide their time between the United Kingdom and North America.

The statement came on Monday afternoon, following an emergency summit called by the Queen to discuss the situation, with the meeting reportedly attended by Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles, Prince William, and Prince Harry. It is unclear as to whether Meghan, who returned to Canada following the surprise announcement last week, participated via phone.


Buckingham Palace released a statement from the Queen, in which she said the meeting had been “constructive.”

“Today my family had very constructive discussions on the future of my grandson and his family,” the statement began.

“My family and I are entirely supportive of Harry and Meghan’s desire to create a new life as a young family,” the Queen’s statement said. “Although we would have preferred them to remain full-time working Members of the Royal Family, we respect and understand their wish to live a more independent life as a family while remaining a valued part of my family.”

“Harry and Meghan have made clear that they do not want to be reliant on public funds in their new lives. It has therefore been agreed that there will be a period of transition in which the Sussexes will spend time in Canada and the UK,” Buckingham Palace shared.

“These are complex matters for my family to resolve, and there is some more work to be done, but I have asked for final decisions to be reached in the coming days,” Queen Elizabeth said in the statement.

 
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Why We Love Chrissy Teigen and Her Social Media Prowess

CELEBRITY

Elle Macpherson’s Secret to Ageless Skin

BEAUTY+STYLE

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to Lose HRH Titles in Finalized Deal

CELEBRITY

Hilary Duff Talks Body Confidence

BEAUTY+STYLE