Celebrity chef George Duran sure knows how to navigate a kitchen and now hes determined to help even the most novice cooks feel more at ease when preparing feasts this holiday season. After all, whats a holiday without good food and loved ones to share it with?
Duran, known for his show “Ham on the Street” on the Food Network and “The Ultimate Cake Off” on TLC, has joined forces with Kayco Beyond, one of the largest manufacturers and suppliers of kosher foods, to create recipes that can appeal to everyone, including those with restrictive diets, according to Lifestylogy.com.
Drawing inspiration from Mighty Sesame Co., Dorot Gardens, and Absolutely! Gluten Free – three of Kayco Beyonds brands – Duran has created four recipes to ensure your fall and winter gatherings go off without a hitch.
“The fall and holiday season is the best time of year to try new, savory and delicious recipes to include in your spread,” Laura Morris, associate marketing director of Kayco Beyond, told Lifestylogy.com.
“Even better is when youre able to include recipes that are not only appealing to the family, but healthy too. The brands under Kayco Beyond make that more possible than ever, making it super easy to incorporate nutritious and delicious ingredients.”
Whether youre preparing for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or even just a weeknight in as a family, Duran perfected a flavorful roasted garlic dip using Dorot Gardens flash-frozen herbs. The line of products consists of all the common spices used in a variety of dishes – garlic, ginger, basil, cilantro, turmeric, parsley, dill and more.
The pre-portioned herbs eliminate the need to chop, peel and measure your spices. Simply pop the cube into your tray or pan for an extra kick of flavor.
Of course, every dip needs something crunchy to eat it with, so Duran grabbed Absolutely! Gluten Free crackers which are all-natural, certified gluten-free, and OU certified kosher.
The TV chef has also mastered mashed sweet potatoes with tahini, a perfect side dish. Duran uses Mighty Sesame Co.s tahini which comes in a shake-and-squeeze bottle. Its vegan, gluten and dairy-free.
Mighty Sesame Co.s tahini is made with high-quality sesame seeds. Each 10.9 oz bottle comes at an affordable cost of $6.99.
Vegetable lovers can also munch on Durans herbed roasted brussel sprouts. His recipe includes Dorot Gardens basil, parsley, cilantro and garlic.
Last but not least, the TV chef has shared a unique way to prepare one of the most popular types of squashes this time of year: butternut squash, also known as winter squash.
With a good source of fiber and potassium, you can serve Durans roasted butternut squash with honey tahini sauce on your holiday table knowing that your loved ones are indulging in a food thats full of nutrients.
“This is easily one of my favorite fall side dishes. The tahini sauce adds richness to the butternut squash with a nutty complexity. Mighty Sesame Tahini allows me to easily squeeze the tahini directly in the sauce saving me on time and clean up!” Duran told the outlet.
Check out all four of Durans unique recipes inspired by Kayco Beyonds brands below.
Dorot Gardens Roasted Garlic Dip (serves 4)
· 6 frozen cubes of Dorot Gardens Garlic
· 1 tsp olive oil
· 2 frozen cubes of Dorot Gardens Parsley
· 2 frozen cubes of Dorot Gardens Basil
· 8 oz sour cream
· ½ cup mayonnaise
· Salt and pepper, to taste
· Absolutely! Gluten Free Crackers
1. In a small saucepan, add frozen garlic cubes and olive oil and heat on medium. Cook and stir until garlic starts to brown, about 5-6 minutes. 2. Remove from heat and mix in frozen parsley and basil. 3. In a small bowl, mix sour cream with mayonnaise and add in the garlic mixture. 4. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with Absolutely! Gluten Free Crackers.
Mighty Sesame Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Tahini (makes 4 servings)
· 3 medium sweet potatoes
· 2 cubes of Dorot Gardens Garlic
· 1 tsp olive oil
· ½ tsp cinnamon, plus more for garnish
· ¼ cup Mighty Sesame Tahini, plus more for serving
· Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. 2. Wash and clean sweet potatoes and poke them with a fork throughout. Roast for 50-60 minutes until soft and tender, flipping halfway through. 3. Allow sweet potatoes to cool for 15-20 minutes before peeling and placing in a medium bowl. 4. Microwave garlic cubes with olive oil for 1 minute. 5. Combine cooked garlic, sweet potatoes, cinnamon, and Mighty Sesame Tahini. Mix and season with salt and pepper to taste. 6. Drizzle with more tahini and sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.
Herbed Roasted Brussels Sprouts (serves 4-6)
· 3 cubes Dorot Gardens Basil
· 3 cubes Dorot Gardens Parsley
· 3 cubes Dorot Gardens Cilantro
· 3 cubes Dorot Gardens Garlic
· 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
· 1 lb. brussel sprouts, outer leaves removed, trimmed, and cut in half
· 2 medium carrots, peeled and finely chopped
· ½ medium onion, finely chopped
· Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F. 2. Place all frozen Dorot Gardens cubes in a microwave safe bowl and add 2 tbsp olive oil. Microwave for 1 minute. 3. Place brussels sprouts in a medium bowl and add carrots and onions. Mix in microwaved herbs and garlic, season generously with salt and pepper, and place on a baking sheet. 4. Roast for 30-45 minutes, just until it begins to brown. Remove from oven and season more to taste.
Roasted Butternut Squash with Honey Tahini Sauce (serves 4-6)
· 2 lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into small chunks
· 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves or fresh chopped rosemary
· Olive oil
· Kosher salt and black pepper
· 2 cubes Dorot Gardens Garlic, or 2 cloves minced garlic
· 1/2 cup Mighty Sesame Tahini
· 1 tbsp honey
· 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
· Roasted pumpkin seeds, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 2. Spread butternut squash on parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil, herbs, salt, and pepper. Roast in oven for 25-35 minutes until edges of butternut squash start to brown. 3. In the meantime, make tahini sauce by whisking the rest of the liquid ingredients plus 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper in a bowl. Whisk in water until you have a smooth drizzling consistency (about 1/2 cup of water or so). 4. Once squash is cooked, allow to cool for 5 minutes, and serve on a platter. Drizzle with honey tahini sauce and garnish with pumpkin seeds, if desired.